There is no requirement to keep the Rescue Mate charged up. The Rescue Mate simply charges itself up from the remaining capacity in the the 'flat' battery. With no requirement to recharge the Rescue Mate it allows you leave the device in your vehicle all year round.
Award Winning Product
Voted 'Best New Safety Product of 2018' at the annual AAPEX SEMA show attended by over 160,000 industry professionals and 48,000 automotive buyers the Rescue Mate was voted by buyers as the best new safety product of 2018.
How does the Rescue Mate work?
A 'flat battery' still contains plenty of power however the key is to unlocking its potential power. Think of a flat battery as a small but constant trickle of energy. It's not very powerful on its own but if you utilise a device to collect this energy and build it up you can store and power and then release it quickly. The Rescue Mate acts as a bucket; filling itself up from this small energy source within your flat battery. Once the Rescue Mate has charged up from the flat battery, press the RUN button, a countdown will begin and as soon as the buzzer sounds the Rescue Mate will release all this energy at once starting the vehicle.
Fully charged in as little as 90 Seconds
The Rescue Mate can be charged up via:
- A flat battery (>3V)
- Another 12V battery or battery containing more than 3V
- A 12V cig lighter plug
- A Smartphone with output charging
- Any micro USB input including power-bank, laptop or wall charger.
What's In The Box
- OzCharge RM1000 1000AMP Rescue Mate Jump Starter
- Heavy-Duty Battery Clamps
- 12V Car Charger
- Micro USB Cable
- User Guide & Warranty Information
Input Voltage 3 - 15.5 VDC Starting Current 1000 AMPS (Peak) Battery Types 12 Volt Lead Acid Batteries Charge Times 12V Battery: 90 Seconds ^
12V Cig. Lighter Plug: 5 Minutes
Micro USB Port (Powerbank, laptop etc): 50 minutes
Recommended Engine Size* Up to 10.0 Litre Petrol & Gas
Up to 5.0 Litre Diesel
Dimensions 275 x 250 x 89mm Weight 2.5kg Warranty 3 Years
* Please note: OzCharge Jump Starters go through extensive testing and have confidently started up to 10.0L petrol & 5.0L diesel engines. However, this does not guarantee the RM1000 jump-starter will start all vehicles within this range. Variables such as engine condition, engine age, battery condition and ambient temperature may effect the jump-starter's ability to start the vehicle. This should be used as a guide only.
John Cadogan AutoExpert: "
Easiest ‘fail safe’ jump starter - ever